JOB: Case Manager, Gay & Lesbian Center Bakersfield
Gay & Lesbian Center of Bakersfield
Founded in 2011, The Gay & Lesbian Center of Bakersfield (GLCB) is a non-profit, 501c3, organization serving the gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) communities in Bakersfield and Kern County. Our mission is to be an easy access hub providing a safe, supportive space and services. The GLCB also serves as a bridge to the greater Bakersfield community.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 9, 2016
Reducing Isolation through Support and Empowerment (RISE) is a new program of GLCB, funded by a grant from the California Department of Public Health, Office of Health Equity’s California Reducing Disparities Project (collectively, the Department). RISE seeks to test community-defined solutions for reducing mental health disparities among Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons in Kern County. The Community-Defined Evidence Practice to be tested is that Safe Spaces, such as that found at GLCB, shows promise in preventing and reducing the severity of mental illness among our communities.
Hours: 40 hours per week (1.0 FTE)
Wages & benefits: Negotiated based on experience. POSITION IS GRANT FUNDED Location: Bakersfield, California
Start date: November 1, 2016
Under the guidance of the Executive Director (ED), the Case Manager (CM) is responsible for the daily operations of GLCB’s RISE program, including program volunteers and interns. Specific responsibilities are:
- Identification of individuals who can benefit from participation in RISE.
- Participation in development of RISE group curricula and protocols.
- Ensure strict, ongoing compliance to protocols and policies of the RISE program.
- Ongoing review of practices to determine where improvements are needed.
- Identification and recruitment of professionals, interns and trained volunteers who can
facilitate RISE session.
- Make timely, well-written and concise reports to GLCB’s Executive Director and Board
- Participate as appropriate in meetings with state Program Officers, Technical
Assistance Providers, and Evaluators.
The CM will be thoroughly committed to the GLCB’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- Track record of effectively working as a case manager in an established organization providing individual services.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Excellence in performance in providing appropriate resources to clients.
- Strong attention to detail in all aspects of the position.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to program planning.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
- Bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred.
- 2 or more years of experience in case management in a social services or mental health agency.
- Undergraduate degree in social work or other related field, with a graduate degree preferred.
Please send resume, cover letter, and 3 references to:
Jan Hefner, Executive Director
Phone: (661) 301-4218
Gay & Lesbian Center of Bakersfield
902 18th St (661) 843-7995 Bakersfield, CA 93301
Mailing Address: PO Box 2712, Bakersfield CA 9330