MY LGBT PLUS is ready to take the next step to growing our program. To do so, we are recruiting QueerOut Ambassadors.
What is a QueerOut Ambassador?
QueerOut Ambassadors will dedicate 5 to 10 hours a month being a visible supporter of our LGBT+ community. You will assist in expanding our capacity through hands on activity. Here are a few key responsibilities:
- Promoting our presence online through social media
- Researching the needs of our community and help plan action to aid
- Go through training to gain knowledge about local resources to be a knowledgable community member
- Be a supportive person for LGBT+ community to look up to online and in the community
- Outreaching at events and community activities
In 2016-2017, we are looking for the following:
- Student Ambassadors
- Currently attending middle school, high school, college or post secondary/trade school
- Parent Ambassadors
- A parent of an LGBT+ child or an LGBT+ parent
- Advisor Ambassadors
- Currently a Gay Straight Alliance or university advisor to students/young people
- Community Leader Ambassadors
- Individuals who want to be active and be a voice!
NOTE: LGBT+ is an acronym we created to be all inclusive of existing and new ways of identity. Read more here
Questions? Please email Dante Bellotta, Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.